Tuesday, May 18, 2010

May 18, 2010







This has nothing to do with Togo, but can you believe it's been 30 years since St. Helens erupted? Wow!

I spent the weekend as quietly as possible, did a lot of reading. Julia spent Sunday at the Sarakawa which is a 5-star resort not far from the ship. I was supposed to go, but due to some confusion on my part, didn't-to my regret. Her pictures of the hotel and swimming pool are stunning.

Monday, the pace and flow at the Clinic was difficult. Not sure why, but it just wasn't smooth. Came back to the ship and had dinner. Saw Julia briefly (she was on her way to soccer). We have finalized plans, I think, for a trip to Kpalime Falls on Saturday. There will be 8-9 of us going in 2 vehicles. It should be an adventure!

Today, the flow was very smooth and we finished way early. We came back to the ship, and rather than go back to the Clinic, I started on the Eye Team Manual in earnest. I spent several hours working on it, and even though my purpose in offering to do the manual was not necessarily to see how all the units of the Eye Team fit together, it certainly does improve my overall understanding. We're hoping it will be beneficial in future Outreaches in South Africa and Sierra Leone.

No comments:

Post a Comment