Friday, May 21, 2010

May 21







Another YAG day. It was quite busy, and I was worn out. After the Celebration of Sight, we went back into the Hospitality Center where I demonstrated my version of the Chicken Dance-to their great amusement!!! I'm still working on perfecting the dance before I return to Washington.

After work, we came back to the ship, changed out of our scrubs, and headed to the street market. I definitely enjoyed it more this time, although after a few hours it starts to wear you down. Bought more fabric and some Yovo (I'll explain when I return) beads.

Thursday morning, after we finished with patients, we had an impromptu jam session with Innocent on djimbe, Shannon on shakers, and Woody on some sort of metal percussion instrument. It was amazing!

There is a bonfire tonight at Cocoa Beach, but I'm afraid I have to pass. I need some rest and quiet time before we set out for Kpalime tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment