Monday, May 31, 2010

May 31, 2010

I was surprised when I realized I hadn't posted in a week. Here goes.

I continued my work with the Tech Team at the Hospitality Center. However, Joel replaced Woody for one week. I also have just about wrapped up the Eye Team Manual.

On Friday, I was given the afternoon off to spend with Julia. We went to the Sarakawa swam in the pool and had lunch. Afterwards, Julia, Jean, and I went to a restaurant called Green Field which serves PIZZA. It's not exactly American-style pizza but it was pretty good.



On Saturday, I spent the morning and part of the afternoon with Julia and her sponsor child Brandine. Brandine is a shy, sweet little girl who really came to life when Julia started playing soccer with her. We had lunch together and had to say goodbye to Brandine. Julia and I planned to have dinner together before she left at 7:00pm for her flight. I got very emotional, I think because I am feeling very homesick now. However, we had dinner and she got off on time. At 7:30pm I went to the movie The Blind Side with J-Me. What an incredible story!




Sunday, I went to church with Emmanuel. The service was very long and was a celebration of women. There was reciting of verses from the Bible (in French and Ewe), singing, dancing, and preaching. Afterward, Emmanuel and I went to his apartment where his niece had made fufu. It was such a nice meal and a nice time. I took a taxi back to the ship and just read the rest of the day.








Today, I worked with the field team. We saw 280 patients! The Tech Team sees patients that have already been screened by the Field team, so this was a real eye-opener (no pun intended--really).


No comments:

Post a Comment